Your insurance company has a duty to provide you with the help you need when your condominium has been destroyed or damaged by a hurricane. Attorney Michael D. Cerasa knows that condo owners and condo associations frequently encounter grossly undervalued or denied insurance claims, and must fight with insurance companies to get the coverage they paid for. Hiring an experienced hurricane damage attorney will ensure that you receive the coverage you deserve. Condo owners and associations face unique problems after a hurricane. There are typically two separate insurance policies at play when there is damage to a condo. The individual condo owner’s policy covers the contents of the condo from “the paint in.” Meanwhile, the condo association’s policy covers the “common elements,” such as the drywall, roof, and structural elements. A flood policy is often included that applies to some of the loss.
Michael Cerasa and his staff can help you when:
- Your condo has experienced roof or other exterior damage due to a hurricane
- Your claim for hurricane damage has been denied by your insurance company
- You have a dispute with your insurance company over what damages are covered under your insurance policy
- Your insurance company has paid only a portion of your claim for hurricane damage
- Your condo has experienced interior damage; for example, insulation, drywall, floor and ceiling damage
- Your personal belongings inside your condo have been damaged or destroyed from a hurricane
- You have been forced to incur additional living expenses as a result of damage to your condominium
Most policies also provide coverage for “additional living expenses” that pay for a hotel or rental home while your damaged condo is being repaired. In addition, most policies provide coverage for debris removal and costs associated with bringing the condo up to code.
Get Legal Help
Mr. Cerasa understands how the insurance companies work. He knows the tricks they use to undervalue a claim. It is part of an adjuster’s job to make sure their insurance company pays out the least amount possible. It is in your best interest to hire a hurricane damage attorney before the damage appraisal. Michael Cerasa will represent you during the appraisal, ensuring that your appraisal is fair and that all damage is properly and accurately accounted for.
If your condo has been damaged as a result of a hurricane, please contact experienced hurricane damage attorney Michael D. Cerasa today to arrange your free consultation. Se habla español.
Suite 830 Top Floor
Orlando, FL 32801