When your place of residence or business has been destroyed or damaged by a fire, your insurance company has a duty to provide you with the help you need. Attorney Michael D. Cerasa understands how individuals and families struggle with the loss of their homes and cherished possessions, and the feelings of displacement and uncertainty that often follow a devastating fire.
Insurance companies will often hire investigative units to find reasons to blame you for the fire. In fact, this is standard procedure. These companies will search high and low for the presence of common household accelerants like mineral spirits, gas, and virtually any other flammable chemical in order to blame you for the fire. It is their aim to intimidate you and put you on the defensive so they can pay you much less than you are due.
Mr. Cerasa knows that victims of fire damage frequently encounter grossly undervalued or denied insurance claims, and must fight with insurance companies to get the coverage they paid for. Hiring an experienced fire damage attorney will ensure that you receive the coverage you deserve.
We can help you when:
- Your residence or place of business has experienced damage due to fire and you have not yet filed a claim or had the damage appraised
- You have already filed a claim but your insurance provider is not offering enough money to repair all of the damage
- You have filed a claim and have received and cashed a check from your insurance company, but still feel you are entitled to additional payments
- Your insurance company has denied your claim for hurricane damage
- Your insurance company has paid only a portion of your claim for hurricane damage
- You have a dispute with your insurance company over what damages are covered under your insurance policy
- Your personal belongings inside your home have been damaged or destroyed by fire
- You have been forced to incur additional living expenses as a result of damage to your home
- Your insurance company is blaming you for the fire
Seek representation before appraisal
Michael Cerasa knows the various methods that insurance adjusters use to undervalue fire damage claims. It is a central part of an adjuster’s training to make sure their insurance company pays out the least amount possible. Because of this, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced fire damage attorney before the damage appraisal.
Mr. Cerasa will represent you during the appraisal, ensuring that your appraisal is fair and that all damage is properly accounted for. For businesses, these damages may include loss of business income, loss of business documents, and other business interruption damages.
If you have any doubts about whether your insurance company is treating you fairly regarding your fire damage insurance claim, please contact attorney Michael D. Cerasa today to arrange your free consultation. Se habla español.
Suite 830 Top Floor
Orlando, FL 32801