When your home has been destroyed or damaged by a hurricane, your insurance company has a duty to provide you with the help you need. Attorney Michael D. Cerasa understands how individuals and families struggle with the loss of their homes and cherished possessions, and the feelings of displacement and uncertainty that follow the devastation of a hurricane. Michael Cerasa knows that individuals and families frequently encounter grossly undervalued or denied insurance claims and must fight with insurance companies to get the coverage they paid for. Having to deal with insurance companies more often than not adds to the stress and frustration. Hiring an experienced hurricane damage attorney will ensure that you receive the coverage you deserve.
Michael Cerasa and his staff can help you when:
- Your home has experienced roof or other exterior damage due to a hurricane
- Your claim for hurricane damage has been denied by your insurance company
- You have a dispute with your insurance company over what damages are covered under your insurance policy
- Your insurance company has paid only a portion of your claim for hurricane damage
- Your home has experienced interior damage; for example, insulation, drywall, floor and ceiling damage
- Your personal belongings inside your home have been damaged or destroyed from a hurricane
- You have been forced to incur additional living expenses as a result of damage to your home
Typical homeowners’ insurance policies cover damage to the home and damage to the contents in the home. Most policies also provide coverage for “additional living expenses” that pay for a hotel or rental home while the damaged property is being repaired. In addition, most policies provide coverage for debris removal and costs associated with bringing the home up to code.
Seek representation before appraisal
Michael Cerasa knows how insurance adjusters work. He knows the tricks they use to undervalue a claim. It is a central part of an adjuster’s training to make sure their insurance company pays out the least amount possible. It is therefore in your best interest to hire a hurricane damage attorney before having the damage appraised. Mr. Cerasa will represent you during the appraisal, ensuring that your appraisal is fair and that all damage is properly accounted for.
If you have any doubts about whether your hurricane homeowners’ insurance company is treating you fairly regarding your insurance claim, please contact experienced hurricane damage attorney Michael D. Cerasa today to arrange your free consultation. Se habla español.
Suite 830 Top Floor
Orlando, FL 32801