According to the National Weather Service, Florida has the highest number of lightning casualties of all 50 states. Lightning also causes a tremendous amount of property damage around the state. Buildings struck by lightning can burn down; power surges can enter a home or business through a power line, damaging appliances, security systems, computers, and even the wiring itself. Quite often, all the wiring in a structure has to be replaced. Lightning can also cause leaks in a building’s plumbing.
Your insurance company has a duty to provide you with the help you need when your place of residence or business has sustained lightning damage. Attorney Michael D. Cerasa knows that victims of lightning damage frequently encounter grossly undervalued or denied insurance claims, and must fight with insurance companies to get the coverage they paid for. Hiring an experienced lightning damage attorney will ensure that you receive the coverage you deserve.
Michael Cerasa and his staff can help you when:
- Your residence or place of business has experienced lightning damage and you have not yet filed a claim or had the damage appraised
- You have already filed a claim but your insurance provider is not offering enough money to repair all of the damage
- You have filed a claim and have received and cashed a check from your insurance company, but still feel you are entitled to additional payments
- Your insurance company has denied your claim
- Your insurance company has paid only a portion of your claim
- You have a dispute with your insurance company over what damages are covered under your insurance policy
- Your personal belongings inside your home or business have been damaged or destroyed from a lightning strike
- You have been forced to incur additional living expenses as a result of damage to your home or business
Get Legal Help Before an Appraisal
Michael Cerasa knows the various methods that insurance adjusters use to undervalue lightning damage claims. It is a central part of an adjuster’s training to make sure their insurance company pays out the least amount possible. Therefore, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced lightning damage attorney before the damage appraisal.
Mr. Cerasa will represent you during the appraisal, ensuring that your appraisal is fair and that all damage is properly accounted for. For businesses, these damages may include loss of business income, loss of business documents, and other business interruption damages.
If you have any doubts about whether your insurance company is treating you fairly regarding your lightning damage claim, please contact attorney Michael D. Cerasa today to arrange your free consultation. Se habla español.
Suite 830 Top Floor
Orlando, FL 32801