Whether you rent property from someone else or lease properties out to others, hurricane damage can have devastating and far-reaching effects, both in the short and long term. Attorney Michael D. Cerasa is experienced with every aspect of hurricane damage claims as they apply to rental properties.
Michael Cerasa is here to help you if:
- The property you rent from another party has sustained damage from a hurricane
- You own rental properties which have sustained hurricane damage
- The property you rent from another party, or the property you lease to others has sustained hurricane damage and you have not yet filed a claim or had the damage appraised
- You have already filed a claim but your insurance provider is not offering enough money to repair all of the damage to your properties
- You have filed a claim and have received and cashed a check from your insurance company, but still feel you are entitled to additional payments
- Your insurance company has denied your claim for hurricane damage
Rental property owners
Your income relies on gathering rent from your tenants. Damage to your properties can therefore reach far beyond structural damage. Your insurance policy includes structural damage, but also additional business-related coverage including, but not limited to:
- Losses sustained from rent interruption
- Extra expense coverage
- Utility services coverage
- Accounts receivable coverage
Michael Cerasa knows how to calculate damages from loss-of-rent and business interruption to ensure you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
If the home or apartment you rent from someone else has been damaged or destroyed and you have a renter’s insurance policy, give us a call. Your landlord’s insurance policy typically does not cover damage to your personal items! A renter’s insurance policy typically provides the coverage for:
- Your personal belongings inside your apartment, rental unit or rental home have been damaged or destroyed from a hurricane
- You have been forced to incur additional living expenses as a result of damage to your apartment, rental unit or rental home
Get an Attorney Before an Appraisal
Michael Cerasa knows how insurance adjusters work, and he understands the tricks they use to undervalue a claim. It is part of an adjuster’s training to make sure their insurance company pays out the least amount possible. It is in your best interest to hire a hurricane damage attorney before the damage appraisal.
Michael Cerasa and his team of experts are ready to visit your property to determine physical and structural damage – both visible and hidden – and then prepare a comprehensive loss of business income report. With this, he will demand money from all possible sources to ensure you are fully and fairly paid for losses to your building and income.
Renter’s insurance and rental property claims are often quite complex. If your property has been damaged as a result of a hurricane, please contact experienced hurricane damage attorney Michael D. Cerasa today to arrange your free consultation. Se habla español.
Suite 830 Top Floor
Orlando, FL 32801